On 26th Aug 2020, Oracle had decided to retire 1Z0-815 and 1Z0-816 exams and come up with one single exam for Java certification (1Z0-819).
Starting with Java 11, Oracle decided to award OCP 11 Certificate only after passing 2 exams (1Z0-815 & 1Z0-816). But now they have decided to have just one exam (1Z0-819) to award OCP 11 certificate.
The below questions may help you to decide your path:
1. What has changed?
A. 1Z0-819 exam’s duration will be of 90 minutes instead of 180 minutes. They haven’t yet (at the time of writing this blog, which is 28th Aug 2020) come up with the passing score and total number of questions, I think within a few
B. It will cover the syllabus of 1Z0-815 and 1Z0-816 exams, with little changes.
2. I have passed the 1Z0-815 exam and preparing for 1Z0-816 exam, what should I do now?
You may appear in the 1Z0-816 exam till 30th Sep 2020 or appear in 1Z0-819 exam. There are no official words from Oracle for such cases. I hope they should come up with some FAQs soon.
3. I have already bought the exam guide of 1Z0-816 but don’t think that I will be able to prepare within 1 month, will I have to buy the new exam guide?
The syllabus of 1Z0-819 is the combination of 1Z0-815 and 1Z0-816, so these guides will be enough to prepare for 1Z0-819 exam.
4. I already have SCJP 6 / OCP 7 / OCP 8 certificate, what are the options for me to get Java 11 certified?
Oracle has not retired the 1Z0-817 exam, so you may appear in this exam:
Or, you may also appear in the 1Z0-819 exam.
5. Is the new exam going to be tougher than 1Z0-815 and 1Z0-816 exams?
Well, OCP exams generally tough to crack, and 1Z0-815 and 1Z0-816 exams are OCP exams, so in my view, you may face questions with the same complexity. But, as Oracle has reduced the exam duration of 1Z0-819 to 1 hour and 30 minutes, it may be difficult to comment on anything right now unless and until they come up with a number of questions, passing score, and sample questions.
6. What about Java 8 version exams, are those still valid?
Currently, Oracle has no plans to retire these exams, nothing is mentioned on their website as well:
Generally, Oracle provides 90 days to 180 days of retirement notice, but I have no idea why for 1Z0-815 and 1Z0-816 exam, there is just 35 days notice period.
7. I already have a voucher for the 1Z0-815 or 1Z0-816 exam, I can use it for the 1Z0-819 exam?
Please contact Oracle support for queries related to vouchers.
8. From where can I get the updated information related to certification exams?
Some of the important links:
Oracle website: https://education.oracle.com/product/pexam_1Z0-819
Coderanch site: https://coderanch.com/…/Oracle-announces-Java-OCP-Exam [Lots of people are having a discussion over here]
We hope this blog clears out lots of confusion related to the new Java 11 certification exam.
MaH Quests, We do ALL thing Java! Subscribe here to our newsletters and blog posts http://tiny.cc/dr8zsz
Download an Oracle University Java Certificate Guide Java SE11. https://www.oracle.com/a/ocom/docs/dc/ww-java-cert-guide-java-se11.pdf?intcmp=WWOUBLOGPOSTBBOCHF022120&fbclid=IwAR3UG5ap9dWYXk1054vIc4kx5afVJJFcBocIsOu1LpwLr5fjbuta4xq7gmc